The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum
This discussion forum is hosted by The Guitar ReRanch and was created to serve those interested in the arcane art/science of guitar refinishing and restoration. Those with all levels of experience are welcomed to participate.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pickguard for LPB...not just white??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Guitar Finishing and Restoration
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Choose my pickguard! What color would you go for...
Classic White
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Minty Green
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Boring Black
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Purdy Pearl
50%
 50%  [ 4 ]
Anodized Gold
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Anything with a lewd graphic
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

Craig_

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Pickguard for LPB...not just white?? Reply with quote

Hey folks...take this AWESOME chance to take control of my life (well, a tiny bit of it, anyway).

I am doing a cheap and cheerful refinish of a terribly worn old Ibanez Blazer. It was originally a natural finish (this was one of the original mid 70s, not the RIs) that had been dinged and sweated on, and dropped...with the gaping holes 'fixed' with yellow paint. Please note, I did not do the fixing, or the dropping, and it is in such crappy shape that it goes well beyond giving it character to just...making it look crappy and dirty!

I picked up a can of "Ocean Blue Metallic" paint from Walmart (that's the last time the wife sends me on an errand...) that seems miraculously compatible with RR nitro.

My question is...what color pickguard do you suggest? Blazer PGs are hard to get hold of anyway, so it'll likely be a custom order. A google image search shows pretty much every LPB guitar with a white or pearloid pg, but I'm wondering if anybody has any more creative options.

Tasteful is preferred, but not required!
Funderbunk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that an Ibanez Blazer pickguard like this one?

If so, Terrapin Guitars (www.terrapinguitars.com) has templates for that, so you're not paying a template fee.

If not, you might want to get a hold of these guys:

http://search.ebay.com/320007329231

Even though the auction is over, they might still make that deal - or if you request, they could post a new one on auction...

My vote is for this silver/blue shell on plastic material:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Guitar Finishing and Restoration All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: