The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum
This discussion forum is hosted by The Guitar ReRanch and was created to serve those interested in the arcane art/science of guitar refinishing and restoration. Those with all levels of experience are welcomed to participate.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How many clear coats on new neck?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Guitar Finishing and Restoration
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ifsixwasni9e

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject: How many clear coats on new neck? Reply with quote

(for nitro finish). And should you not spray the heel? I saw youtube tutorial and guy said don't finish the heel. What should you use to sand the finish between frets?
Lon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess I'm a little different, I usually spray the back of the neck with
3-4 coats. For the fingerboard, I use Tru-oil. I do spray the heel to protect it

Others might shoot 3-4 coats over the whole neck, cure a week,wet sand and polish. If carefull spraying, there should be no reason to sand between the frets. File a penny the shape of the frets and it to scrape each fret clean of nitro.

Just my suggestions others may add their experiences.
#313. Praisegig
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Guitar Finishing and Restoration All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: