The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum
This discussion forum is hosted by The Guitar ReRanch and was created to serve those interested in the arcane art/science of guitar refinishing and restoration. Those with all levels of experience are welcomed to participate.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Progress pics - walnut/maple/walnut pickup ring dry fitted..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Guitar Finishing and Restoration
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tnt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:49 am    Post subject: Progress pics - walnut/maple/walnut pickup ring dry fitted.. Reply with quote

Couple of progress pics showing off the walnut/maple/walnut pickup ring. Pretty happy with it so far.

But two issues -
- The bridge seems to be about 1/16" off center. Don't think that will matter much - not much I can do about it - the boat rout won't allow me the adjust the pickup ring, and I already drilled the string through holes.
- I was going to run the fret board long with square edges to cover the less than perfectly tight neck/pocket. But the pickup ring is too tall for that - it's about 1/16" higher than the neck with no fret board. I might try to rout the overlap of the fret board, but might end up being too thin for that to work.

We'll see...

Lon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice design. I wouldn't worry about the pickup ring height until the neck is complete and mounted. Thickness sanding may be required at that point
#313. Praisegig
Mr. Clevername

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice work . . .

I hope the bridge misalignment isn't more of a problem than you think. I've screwed that up myself. Sometimes you can hog out the holes on top to move it a little.

Or make a nice brass or aluminum "tone block" for the back, and plug and re-drill the holes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Guitar Finishing and Restoration All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: