The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum
This discussion forum is hosted by The Guitar ReRanch and was created to serve those interested in the arcane art/science of guitar refinishing and restoration. Those with all levels of experience are welcomed to participate.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Outed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Everything Else...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madmike

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Outed Reply with quote

Am I tech behind? Photobucket just grossed out on my phone. Signed in ok. Shud have access to my stuff. I feel outed cuz idk where to host an avatar.

Just something I don't do these days.

Any suggestions?
twangster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a " pay to play " ploy from Photobucket. There's a previous thread on it including how to download your album. I took Marksound's advice and opened an Imgur account. No pop up craziness there either.

http://reranch.com/reranch/viewtopic.php?t=60201&highlight=wtf
jaybones

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I guess pee bucket took a page from a pusher's playbook, get 'em hooked for free then charge them.

I also use imgur, and it's sort of a forum that people can comment on user content. It's not well moderated (if at all, they do have rules but never seen anyone enforce them, short of posting pics of naked underage kids or people killing puppies or kittens), and a lot of jackwagons over there will troll posts people make.

There is a way to upload as private, which keeps people from commenting on stuff I just need to have hosted.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a really crappy way to treat people, but they couldn't care less.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Everything Else... All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: