The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum
This discussion forum is hosted by The Guitar ReRanch and was created to serve those interested in the arcane art/science of guitar refinishing and restoration. Those with all levels of experience are welcomed to participate.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Joe's mom
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Everything Else...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rhardman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:41 pm    Post subject: Joe's mom Reply with quote

sad news...Joe's mom passed away.
RandyM

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dammit, sorry to hear this.
Lon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prayers lifted up.
#313. Praisegig
Kregg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Joe.
bildo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have Joes family in our hearts and prayers.
Instagator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Joe..my condolences to you and your family
86runner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry, Joe. Your family will be in my prayers.

Grab yo git-fiddle.
Vic Vega

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad to hear, my condolences. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
RayRay

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blessings and prayers Joe! Sad

"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig." --Mark Twain

"I love God, my family, America, and the Constitution.
Guess you know what that makes me........"
alpinewhite

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry to hear, Joe. Prayers to you and your family.
Joeglow
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, it's been a very hard few weeks up to this point. My mom was a very big part of my everyday life, the larger than life presence in our family and a great person. My daughter is taking it really bad as they were very close and my daughter just adored her grandma. We're all heartbroken as her death was a battle of many obstacles she had overcome but what actually caused her untimely death was not what was thought to do it. That's what made this a very hard pill to swallow.

To bring you up to speed, my mom had suffered a brain bleed on her right lobe in 2014. A cat scan revealed a condition called amaloidl angiopathy which are basically pin holes in the blood vessels of the brain tissue that caused this intense headache and pain. No medical cure for this condition. Further tests were conducted and an MRI revealed 2 aneurisms along with the bleed. Those operated on and coiled. Regular checkups and MRIs for the last 1 1/2 years showed no further aneurisms or issues. Then this March she had a seizure in which she was not making sense in action, speech or memory for about 5-10 minutes. Took her to her neurologist and revealed a tumor in her rear left lobe. Operated and removed the size of a pea was a Grade 4 gliosarcoma,(brain cancer). Extremely aggressive growing and not a good life expectancy. I spent the summer taking her to radiation 5 days a week for 6 weeks along with her taking oral chemotherapy. She finished that on my daughters birthday and a follow up MRI show no regrowth. The doctors still very concerned about her amaloid condition in which they cautioned her to keep her blood pressure down, no aspirin or thinners. So she starts chemo again for 5 days and the supposed to be 23 days off followed by MRI. This was to be the schedule from then on until whenever. Oct. 2, my brother called her to go to breakfast, the day she finished her 5 days of chemo. She was vomiting, not from the chemo but must've caught a bug. I called her that day too and she said the same thing. Ok, so I try texting her that night and calling but got no reply or answer so I figured she went to sleep bc she wasn't feeling good. The next morning I still hadn't heard from her so I went to her house and went inside to find her sitting on her couch, head slumped to one side but breathing. Got her to NY Presbyterian hospital immediately. Her neurologist and surgeon find out she's had a major brain bleed on her left front temporal lobe. They had to put in drains in her head to relieve the pressure, open her skull to remove the hematoma and drain that. This is supposed to relax her brain and swelling. Now we find out that the best case scenario would be that she would be right side paralyzed and blind, minor left side motor functions, probable loss of speech and memory loss. We knew she didn't want to live like this and luckily found her medical directives that specifically outlined her wishes which made our decision for us. We took her home on Friday the 21st and she passed on Monday the 25th.

I apologize for making this so long and detailed but it's first time I've actually written this down. It's been a little therapeutic for me to voice this very personal information here but I'm glad I did.

My mom was a very strong woman, a business owner, a fun loving last to leave the party, young acting, vibrant woman. She was at 71, the most energetic woman I've ever known and acted like a 50 year old. She always said she liked hanging out with younger people bc people her age acted old. She was just an amazing person, mom, grandmother, aunt, and friend. Like I said, she will be sorely missed by many people.

Thank you for allowing me to voice this.

Last edited by Joeglow on Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:01 am; edited 1 time in total
dougk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry to hear this Joe. You're in our thoughts buddy.

Did I mention Doug is right?

Mr. Clevername wrote:
Did I mention Doug is right?

marksound wrote:
Doug is not always right.

kauerguitars.com
Vic Vega

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry for your loss Joe, thoughts and prayers to you and the family.
Joe Desperado

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prayers to you and family
pattycakes77

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry to hear Joe, it's hard to fathom losing such a great person. Try to think of the many good years you had and know there will be a great celebration the next time you meet.

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Everything Else... All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: