The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum
This discussion forum is hosted by The Guitar ReRanch and was created to serve those interested in the arcane art/science of guitar refinishing and restoration. Those with all levels of experience are welcomed to participate.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Found a free Acoustic Control Corporation amp

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Pick-ups, Amps and Electronics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thumposaurus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:34 am    Post subject: Found a free Acoustic Control Corporation amp Reply with quote

Hey guys I haven't been around here much lately. Been moving, switching jobs, getting engaged, etc... Typical life getting in the way.
As a result of moving I don't really have a shop anymore, but I'm still working on some things here and there.
Thought you guys might appreciate this recent project.
I was leaving work one afternoon and was checking the craigslist free section as I do almost every day and saw an ad for an Acoustic 140 amp and Ampeg 15" cabinet being offered for free.
I raced across town and scooped it up.

The ad stated the amp had an electrical issue.
I plugged it in and it worked just it had a loud background hum.
I cracked it open and found this

A quick resoldering and it was fixed!

Bonus full gut shot.

The cabinet appears to be an Ampeg combo that the amp portion was removed and replaced with just a speaker jack.
It works well for now. I have an old Ampeg 4x12 that it might work better with but it's in storage right now.

It could use some dexoit sprayed into the pots but otherwise seems to be in fine working order now.
The way it's set up it is two completely different(but the same) preamps feeding into the power amp portion.

A longer term project might be to build a different one of the Acoustic preamps and swap it out for one of them.
It's pretty clean and loud. I feel like I should build the fuzz circuit from the Acoustic 360 to get the full experience of it.
Mr. Clevername

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Score!
Instagator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that..Glad you snapped it up. Cool

Cheers!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Pick-ups, Amps and Electronics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: