The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum
This discussion forum is hosted by The Guitar ReRanch and was created to serve those interested in the arcane art/science of guitar refinishing and restoration. Those with all levels of experience are welcomed to participate.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Acoustic pickguards - advice, thoughts?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Guitar Finishing and Restoration
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Acoustic pickguard thoughts?
Get the repro on ebay and keep it real
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
J-45 is close enough and still a Gibson
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Add some style - design your own
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
forget the scratches - No pickguard
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I have a better idea - see my comment below
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

sea.of.white

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:24 am    Post subject: Acoustic pickguards - advice, thoughts? Reply with quote

As I'm in the home stretch of finishing my LG-O, I've been looking at what to do about the pickguard. The original was long gone when I was given this guitar, so that's not an option (was kinda ugly anyways), but the original screw holes remain. Twisted Evil

I've been kicking around the idea of making my own. The sheet stock for acoustics seems quite thin. Anyone done this before or have any advice? I'm thinking of using just gloss black (~$10 per sheet) and making my own design - maybe Hummingbird-like in shape.

I have found a template for a J-45 that would actually fit AND cover the holes (one would be right on the edge).

thoughts?

The LG-O original, repros available on ebay

J-45 template (prior to finishing)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Guitar Finishing and Restoration All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: