The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum
This discussion forum is hosted by The Guitar ReRanch and was created to serve those interested in the arcane art/science of guitar refinishing and restoration. Those with all levels of experience are welcomed to participate.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

back with a dilemma
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Guitar Finishing and Restoration
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which of JM's Strats should I do for my next project?
Black Relic
50%
 50%  [ 9 ]
Monterey Stratocaster
50%
 50%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 18

sinnerboy61

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say for certain what he means by that.. I would probably have to read more of the article to get a better idea. What dis-service is Satriana doing to inhibit the growth of someone who's learning to play, would be my question.
sinnerboy61

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way..

I DID NOT want this to turn into a discussion about mayer, his ideas, or anything else OTHER than 2 of his guitars...So can we please keep it on the level here? I just wanted a vote and maybe a snipit as to why. That's all I'm asking for here.
sharkydude50

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RR wrote:
sharkydude50 wrote:
I say Monterey. One of the greatest places on earth to me. When I die I want y'all to slip me outta there on a surf board at sunset. Just can't get enough of Monterey, Carmel, Big Sur, etc.- God's country IMHO man!
Cannot do that. Its a Marine Sanctuary so we can't pollute it with your dead corpse [oxymoron?] -er I mean your funeral sending out your body a fair well on a surf board. Laughing

Hey I'll be fish food, not pollution RR- I promise not to pollute my body any further until death. Will that make a difference? LOL =)
Joeglow
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry68 wrote:
I want to be shot into space like Scotty...

A woman from my area went up with him and astronaut Gordon Cooper, an original from the Mercury. Here's the article from my local paper.

http://www.silive.com/news/advance/index.ssf?/base/news/1177416018240690.xml&coll=1
RolandR

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sharkydude50 wrote:
RR wrote:
sharkydude50 wrote:
I say Monterey. One of the greatest places on earth to me. When I die I want y'all to slip me outta there on a surf board at sunset. Just can't get enough of Monterey, Carmel, Big Sur, etc.- God's country IMHO man!
Cannot do that. Its a Marine Sanctuary so we can't pollute it with your dead corpse [oxymoron?] -er I mean your funeral sending out your body a fair well on a surf board. Laughing

Hey I'll be fish food, not pollution RR- I promise not to pollute my body any further until death. Will that make a difference? LOL =)
Aw, you are well ahead of me => Chark, er Shark bait!

A bit on the semi-serious side, Monterey Bay to Farallon Islands to up north of San Francisco is known "Blood Triangle" infested Great Whites ...and I'm not talking about the band. Laughing
sinnerboy61

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes
I originally made this post so some of you could possibly help me in my situation, which doesn't (yet) include making plans about what's going to happen or where my body is going to go after I die. Helpful choices in that though..
Please, lets stay focused?

Which of the two strats do you like, and why?
RolandR

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sinnerboy61 wrote:
Rolling Eyes ...Please, lets stay focused?

Hey Sharkdude started it. I was protecting my ocean. Laughing

Black Strat to me associates with Clapton. CBS headstock => Richie Blackmore

Stay Focus: Shocked
I vote Monterey. Have your girlfriend do the artwork, then a light mist of clear trying to seal the artwork. Once a good layer builds up, then apply the regular clear coats. Uh, I assume you know this.
Structo

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About a month ago I planted some sugar peas in my garden and they are starting to come up.
Some didn't emerge.
Should I re-plant where the vacant ones are or should I just by some frozen peas and forget the garden?

ReRanch 101 Finishing Tutorial
Guitar Amp Repair
gkyhn

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do the front one way and the back the other. Very Happy

I never bother with scattering ashes, it's easier to dismember and scatter the pieces. Shocked
Joeglow
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Structo wrote:
About a month ago I planted some sugar peas in my garden and they are starting to come up.
Some didn't emerge.
Should I re-plant where the vacant ones are or should I just by some frozen peas and forget the garden?

HUH!!!!!?
Structo

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehehehe....

ReRanch 101 Finishing Tutorial
Guitar Amp Repair
Jai

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Structo wrote:
Some didn't emerge.

This is what happens when you try to corral us sinnerboy...hehe..good one structo... Smile
sinnerboy61

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RR wrote:
sinnerboy61 wrote:
Rolling Eyes ...Please, lets stay focused?

Hey Sharkdude started it. I was protecting my ocean. Laughing

Black Strat to me associates with Clapton. CBS headstock => Richie Blackmore

Stay Focus: Shocked
I vote Monterey. Have your girlfriend do the artwork, then a light mist of clear trying to seal the artwork. Once a good layer builds up, then apply the regular clear coats. Uh, I assume you know this.

Thanks. I think that's what I'm leaning towards
sinnerboy61

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai wrote:
Structo wrote:
Some didn't emerge.

This is what happens when you try to corral us sinnerboy...hehe..good one structo... Smile

yeah. that was a...good one...
while what I was trying to do by keeping you all "corraled" was to just prevent a pissing match that I've seen before and have grown sick of..I also just wanted a simple opinion and a reason why..I wasn't being rude by asking to keep it focused. I'm also not trying to be rude now..but when someone asks for help, being a nusance doesn't really help, and being a funny nusance can be tolerated but being a nusance just to rub someone the wrong way - when they're asking for help - hasn't ever been my thing. So please forgive me if I don't take it the right way.
I really don't know why I made this post to begin with, as I figured it could turn into something similar to this, but I really thought with you guys it'd be a little different.. Rolling Eyes

I do appreciate those that have voiced their opinions (on the guitar..)
huffingnitro

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

........I say go for the Monterey Strat; I'll provide some inspiration too.......

..........get one of these..........

..........and some of this............

........so after the summer's done, we can compare the results.............

.........but I'm also doing a blackie this summer................gonna spray this 3 color to black Cool .............
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Guitar Finishing and Restoration All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: