The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum
This discussion forum is hosted by The Guitar ReRanch and was created to serve those interested in the arcane art/science of guitar refinishing and restoration. Those with all levels of experience are welcomed to participate.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need YOUR Feedback: Decide the color of my next strat!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Guitar Finishing and Restoration
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Strat Color Scheme?
Zsa Zsa Black w/ Gold Hardware
24%
 24%  [ 6 ]
SRV Sunburst, Black guard w/ Gold Hardware
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Candy Green w/ Gold Hardware
20%
 20%  [ 5 ]
MK White w/ Gold Hardware
40%
 40%  [ 10 ]
Deep Violet/Blue w/ Gold Hardware
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 25

Randall D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a (Bill's) translucent blueburst. I have one and it looks awesome! Pearloid white pickguard and gold hardware. Mock one up on the custom usa guitar virtual guitar builder and check it out!
RyanF

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randall D wrote:
How about a (Bill's) translucent blueburst. I have one and it looks awesome! Pearloid white pickguard and gold hardware. Mock one up on the custom usa guitar virtual guitar builder and check it out!

You have to post pics of it! Bluebursts are some of my favorites! The one in my avatar will become one.
Randall D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually just added a few clearcoats to it because it was wearing through on the edges, and I needed to get more clear on it. I will need to wait until the clearcoat completely cures (another few weeks before I can polish it up. I will try to post pictures after I am done. Mine actually has black hardware and pickups in it. Looks great!
lchyi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very close to 100% sure that I will do it in MK White. The bloody weather here in San Diego (yes, the most "perfect" weather in the world) has been either a) raining or b) humid. Neither which is good spraying weather. I'll have to wait a couple more weeks for this thing to die down but man I hate it.
sinnerboy61

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go for the MK man, PLEASE haha That grain is just fine
Helloid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharkydude's MK is otherworldly. It looks like it was created by an advanced species of beings. I don't normally go for gold, but I like it with anything white. The Gretsch White Falcon looks so Hollywood 1950s. You'd almost have to press your shirts just to hold the thing.
Helloid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hold on--so you can make a Mary Kay using Shell Pink? Sounds like a sales incentive for a cosmetics company. I wonder how that would look with gold hardware.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Guitar Finishing and Restoration All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: