The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum
This discussion forum is hosted by The Guitar ReRanch and was created to serve those interested in the arcane art/science of guitar refinishing and restoration. Those with all levels of experience are welcomed to participate.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just haven't had the time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Everything Else...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joeglow
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject: Just haven't had the time Reply with quote

I know I haven't been posting much here lately, I apologize for that, I have been lurking and reading along but haven't had much to really speak about. I've had so much going on since my mom passed in October that it's really taken up my free time entirely. I have projects waiting to be completed and I haven't been able to get to them which I feel terrible about.

She and I owned and operated a 50 year old family business together and besides dealing with all of her personal estate issues I've been running it myself as well as my construction business with my brother. She did all of the back office, accounting, ordering and day to day operations and if you've ever sat at someone else computer and tried to figure out what they did you know it can be a forensic nightmare. Slowly, things are coming together but there's still a lot left to iron out legally before things will be smooth. I'm getting itchy to finish up some guitars I've got waiting to be sanded and polished and hoping that I'll be there in the next couple of weeks.

Anyway, thanks for letting me rant a little.
dougk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang in there Joe. We're thinking of you.

Did I mention Doug is right?

Mr. Clevername wrote:
Did I mention Doug is right?

marksound wrote:
Doug is not always right.

kauerguitars.com
rjhalsey

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are always here if you need to talk things out. My thoughts are with you.
RH Factor Pickups, Tonerider, Seymour Duncan, Trem King, KMC, Allparts, WD Music, Mighty Mite, Vintage Clone, Fralin, Rio Grande, Lace, CED, Lava Cable, ModTone, Kaces, MojoTone, Klein, Voodoo Pickups
RolandR

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Joe for your update status.

When our mom passed away, we had inheritance tax to pay for her access, etc. I sympathize with you and your family.

Anyway, we'll take care of this board while during your "absent" - lol. Wink
bluenote
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been around much myself, Joe. In case I never posted, I'm sorry for your loss.
it lights the way to keep me free

Stuart Adamson
jaybones

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I'm relatively new around here, but I wanted to express my most sincere condolences on the passing of your mother.

My own parents are still alive (78 and 82 respectively), and I'm dreading the day that I don't have one of them around any more. Both still in relatively decent health for their age, and I'm seeing mental decline with my dad and mother. Nothing too serious as of yet, but little slips of the mind, forgetting things, not paying close enough attention to what's going on around them, etc.

But family issues should be first and foremost before anything else.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy, I can sympathize Joe. My dad passed a year and a half ago, and I'm still trying to get on top of his estate - still paying lawyers, accountants, & contractors to get things to normal. Even left my 9 to 5 since I was so busy sorting everything out.

He was an accountant, and had "his system", but it's not "MY system", which is probably why I moved out at 18... Wink Despite his best efforts, things got a bit messy in the end.

In hindsight, the hard work was good therapy to deal with my grief, things are evening out now (no more stomach meds, hoping to get off blood pressure meds), and pressing forward with the good memories.

Stay strong Joe, it's going to get better.

"Like" me on Facebook! - www.facebook.com/missionguitars
Kregg

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife has been helping her mother with her father's details for over two years. He had his hand in everything.
Stay strong guys.
RayRay

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoughts and prayers Joe...

Haven't been around myself for some time...I've bee confined to bed since before Thanksgiving and am just now able to get up and around a bit it's interesting after being down so long...I'm 74 years old and this old body is not co-operating with the 25 year old guy that's inside it!! Smile

After our move to Texas last January ...my entire shop is in storage...all my wood is in a controlled environment all with no place to put it at least right now. The wife went to storage the other day and told me my big floor mounted drill press and my beloved bandsaw is totally covered with rust...didn't happen in Arizona OR Colorado...but as they say....:Texas is a whole 'nuther country!"

I guess it is what it is...but I have a Tele started...D41 cutaway 1/2 finished and a 1/2 finished dulcimer ...alas...maybe some day!!

The best to all!!
Ray Laughing

"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig." --Mark Twain

"I love God, my family, America, and the Constitution.
Guess you know what that makes me........"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Everything Else... All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: