The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum
This discussion forum is hosted by The Guitar ReRanch and was created to serve those interested in the arcane art/science of guitar refinishing and restoration. Those with all levels of experience are welcomed to participate.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions Refinishing of Epi LP100

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Guitar Finishing and Restoration
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NigelTufnel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:23 am    Post subject: Questions Refinishing of Epi LP100 Reply with quote

Hi all, first off, great forum with tons of info. Id like to ask some newb questions pertaining to my specific project, an Epiphone Les Paul 100 no binding. thanks in advance!
First i want to remove the toggle, fill that cavity and remove the front pickup and fill that cavity. i think maybe putting a mahogany block in those secured somehow and some kind of filler putty that wont crack??? I also had the idea to make it a double cutaway but it is a bolt on neck and not sure about the stability of the neck if i do that.
so painting........
Is the clear on the Epi LP100 poly?
If so, my "idea" was to scuff the existing clear and lay down some form of primer.
I want it white.
I also want to hand paint some artwork, planning on using something like a liquitex or artist acrylic....trying to keep it as flat as possible....can i just do that on a white primer or do i need to paint it?
Then clear with some variety of 2k (if i can get enough clear on it to flatten it out before the can hardens)
I plan on doing the whole guitar except the front of the head stock.
I do have a small compressor and a touchup spray gun, but was really just considering using rattle cans, but not sure.
These are just my ideas....if there is a better / simpler way.... I am looking for suggestions on products to use, sandpaper, grits, and techniques to get a nice finished product.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Guitar Finishing and Restoration All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: