The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum
This discussion forum is hosted by The Guitar ReRanch and was created to serve those interested in the arcane art/science of guitar refinishing and restoration. Those with all levels of experience are welcomed to participate.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bodies and Neck for Sale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Auctions and Gear for Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bender_78

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:06 pm    Post subject: Bodies and Neck for Sale Reply with quote

Howdy folks. I'm liquidating some parts that are in various states of completion/repair that have been sitting around a while and I will likely not get around to finishing any time soon.

A couple of the bodies have minor issues (little dings and such), and the neck isn't 100% finished. Still, these are primo parts. I'm looking to get $225 shipped and Paypal'd each on the bodies, $175 for the neck. I'll throw in a Geocha 50's strat decal with the neck.

If you want all of it, make me an offer.

First up is a Dakota Red roasted Alder USACG strat body. I bought the roasted Alder from Hans at Tempered Tonewoods. I got him to pick out an extra wide set that would allow for an off-center seam. You can see in the pre-Dakota pics the glue joint running through the control cavity, instead of the neck pocket. This one has a very minimal paint job: RR sand/sealer and three cans of RR Dakota. That's it. There are some little boo-boos, though. I had one little sand-through on the lower horn, and as I was buffing with medium grit compound, my drill slipped and it gouged a couple small spots on the upper horn. All things considered, though, it's a really nice body. 3lb-12oz.

[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]

Next is a crazy lightweight one piece swamp ash body from Musikraft. It's 3lb-5oz! This body originally had 60's contours, but I cut the bump out of the control cavity and re-shaped the arm contour for a more pronounced 50's type profile. This one has the full treatment, paintwise: RR SS, RR primer, RR black, 3x cans of RR clear. It needs some buffing, and there's one little boo-boo on the lower horn, where I knocked it into something shortly after I finished wet-sanding. All in all, a very nice body. Oh, one more thing....it looks like there are some little spots in the clear on the back--maybe where the guitar was laying on top of its box for a while after I'd sanded the clear. They look like they'll come out in buffing.

[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]

Next is an Alder Musikraft strat body with their 50's contours and control cavity. This one has RR SS, RR primer, and 2x cans of RR sonic blue--no clear coat. This one has NO ISSUES! But needs wet-sanding and buffing. It's cured for two months or more, so it's ready to go. I think this one weighs around 3lb-12oz. Standard center-seamed two-piece construction.

[img][/img]
[img][/img]

Finally I've got this one-piece Musikraft maple strat neck that's been sealed, stained lightly with RR neck amber, and has about 6 coats of RR clear. Probably needs a little more clear. Hasn't been sanded yet. Has a vintage truss rod, 1-11/16" nut, 9.5" radius, 6105 frets, medium C, bone nut installed.

[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
scottystrathead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM sent

Allparts,WD Music,Fender parts and accessories dealer.
bender_78

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dakota Red body sold!
bender_78

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sonic blue body sold!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Auctions and Gear for Sale All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: