The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum
This discussion forum is hosted by The Guitar ReRanch and was created to serve those interested in the arcane art/science of guitar refinishing and restoration. Those with all levels of experience are welcomed to participate.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fender Blues Deluxe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Pick-ups, Amps and Electronics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SGjmill

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:28 pm    Post subject: Fender Blues Deluxe Reply with quote

Looking at a USA version of one of these. Good condition but a little bit dirty tweed.

Said he'd take 400.

Is that fair? Anything with these I should be on the lookout for?
RolandR

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you check Reverb.com orE-Bay see what's the going price for that amp?

Besides those sites, try Guitar Centers' used gear links and see what's the going price. On Craiglist, go to large cities, musical gear sale section and query "Fender Deluxe". See what's the prices.

... oh, yeah, I know, you want a quick answer and off hand I don't know. Wink
BluesmanDave

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the low end of fair for those, I think. When I bought mine a few years ago, they were going for $400-$500 for the USA model.

Keep an eye out for busted input jacks. They're really the only badly made part of the amp - they're plastic and crappy and break very easily. Even if they work perfectly, I'd plan to replace them with proper Switchcraft jacks with insulating washers. I did it to mine, and it was a piece of cake. Dan Torres sells the parts with an instruction manual here.

Here's a video with instructions on how to replace the jacks:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW1D-i0i7Y4
tangelolemon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

solder joints on the tube sockets can get funny with these, too, and a speaker swap usually helps the sound massively.
BluesmanDave

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tangelolemon wrote:
...a speaker swap usually helps the sound massively.

An excellent point! I swapped the stock Fender generic speaker in mine for a Jensen C12N, and it made a world of difference. If i were going to do it again, I'd use a WGS G12C, which is the same concept, but better built and (to my ear) better sounding. And cheaper!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Pick-ups, Amps and Electronics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: