The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum
This discussion forum is hosted by The Guitar ReRanch and was created to serve those interested in the arcane art/science of guitar refinishing and restoration. Those with all levels of experience are welcomed to participate.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Head Stock Decal Color

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Guitar Finishing and Restoration
View previous topic :: View next topic  
attilathehun

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject: Head Stock Decal Color Reply with quote

I have a black 1960s sg special. You the one with the smaller pickgaurd, dot inlays and white binding on the neck. What type and color decal would go best on the headstock?

Last edited by attilathehun on Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Lars

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before I vote...

Are the tuners chrome or gold?

Is the pickguard black?

Is the fretboard maple, rosewood, or ebony?
attilathehun

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lars wrote:
Before I vote...

Are the tuners chrome or gold?

Is the pickguard black?

Is the fretboard maple, rosewood, or ebony?
Pearl kluson tuners, rosewood fretboard, and black top with white edging on pickguard. Didn't know maple fret boards were even used.

I have a shitty cam. It's the one on the right.
Lars

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted white, but I could see two versions on this, either the metallic gold or white. I think a facsimile of a mother of pearl white would look nice, but the metallic gold would look nice, too.

Good luck.
jsullysix

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i voted metallic silver b/c i'm a fan of matching the hardware to the logo.

sully
attilathehun

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lars wrote:
I voted white, but I could see two versions on this, either the metallic gold or white. I think a facsimile of a mother of pearl white would look nice, but the metallic gold would look nice, too.

Good luck.
Mop white would be kick ass, but where can I get that for a decal?
frpax

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsullysix wrote:
i voted metallic silver b/c i'm a fan of matching the hardware to the logo.

sully

Ditto

~Ace Frehley
Lars

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atilla

For a Gibson pearl version, try:

http://cgi.ebay.com/GIBSON-CROWN-WHOLE-HEADSTOCK-DECAL-GUITAR-PROJECT_W0QQitemZ7351280663QQcategoryZ42455QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Or just do a search for other decals on ebay. Some on this forum know a lot more on sources for decals than I do. You might search the forum for decals and see what comes up.

Hope you find what you're after.
attilathehun

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lars wrote:
atilla

For a Gibson pearl version, try:

http://cgi.ebay.com/GIBSON-CROWN-WHOLE-HEADSTOCK-DECAL-GUITAR-PROJECT_W0QQitemZ7351280663QQcategoryZ42455QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Or just do a search for other decals on ebay. Some on this forum know a lot more on sources for decals than I do. You might search the forum for decals and see what comes up.

Hope you find what you're after.
Yeah he 's been selling those waterslide headstock overlays out of the U.K. on ebay for awhile. That's the closest mop decal I've seen. I did a gold waterslide on a beater last month. I find waterslide's are a pain only did it once and don't want to deal with them again cause they are way too fragile and can fade when smoothing out the the bubbles.

I have a silver vinyl decal I bought last spring from http://www.1stdecals.com , but that was before they started selling the metallic ones. So it's either metalic silver, white or gold. They cut it to the headstock to so there's no slant angeling, but I will probably have to wait a month of curing before rubbing the decal on.

They used to sell headstock stencils awhile back for airbrushing. I bought these metallic gold and silver paint pens that just might of worked. Too bad they don't seem to have them in stock anymore.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Guitar Finishing and Restoration All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: