The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum
This discussion forum is hosted by The Guitar ReRanch and was created to serve those interested in the arcane art/science of guitar refinishing and restoration. Those with all levels of experience are welcomed to participate.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

standard celestion G12M vs. celestion heritage series G12M

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Pick-ups, Amps and Electronics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

which speaker should I get?
Heritage series G12M "greenback"
75%
 75%  [ 3 ]
Classic series G12M "greenback"
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

SRV09

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: standard celestion G12M vs. celestion heritage series G12M Reply with quote

What do you guys think about both speakers? I'm getting a 1x12 cab for my valve jr. through avatar speakers and they charge 100 bucks more for the heritage series which is still a good deal because just the speaker alone costs over 200 i think and avatar charges 300 for the loaded cab. the standard greenback loaded cab is 200 which sounds like a pretty killer deal but i want to know your opinions on each of the speakers.
Structo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to get by cheaper check out www.Warehousespeakers.com
I bought a vintage 30 and a Classic Lead clone when they were cheap.
$47 shipped. Very Happy
Now they are bit more.
I am completely satisfied with them but they do require a break in period because they are doped pretty heavy.

ReRanch 101 Finishing Tutorial
Guitar Amp Repair
MaxTwang

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a Weber Silver, incredible speaker and the ceramic is very sensitive at all volume levels (even bedroom!). The problem is Avatar doesn't drop the price much for an empty cabinet and Avatar's price difference between the standard and Heritage is less for a raw speaker than for a loaded cabinet.

I recently picked up an Avatar 1x12 and 2x12 Vintage cabs on his Scratch and Dent page, both sound great but the 2x12 is amazing.
toneman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried many speakers in my coveted blackfaced, SF Deluxe Reverb. When I got the wild idea to try a G12M Heritage, after about 1 hour, I decided it will stay in that amp forever. It sounds beautiful, though the price tag was rough.

The Heritage sounds much better than the Chinese made standard G12M. No comparison.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Pick-ups, Amps and Electronics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: