The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum
This discussion forum is hosted by The Guitar ReRanch and was created to serve those interested in the arcane art/science of guitar refinishing and restoration. Those with all levels of experience are welcomed to participate.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

back with a dilemma
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Guitar Finishing and Restoration
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which of JM's Strats should I do for my next project?
Black Relic
50%
 50%  [ 9 ]
Monterey Stratocaster
50%
 50%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 18

sinnerboy61

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, seeing those cans does do something to the inspiration...
I don't know about the reverse CBS style headstock..I was thinking mid-60's with the transitional logo...
huffingnitro

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, I was hopin' that can of FR, OW, & the 2 cans of clear would get your butt movin' Laughing but seriously, you should do the Monterey

I decided on a lefty because I thought; Fender did the 210 CS examples, and it's a righty, like Jimi had. I thought, why not do a lefty? Who else has a lefty Monterey knock off? I wanted something different. Oh well, it will be fun. It's a mid 80's MIJ 62 reissue, small head stock but I have all of the parts from a lefty ST68-80TX, lefty steel block, complete lefty TxSp pickup assembly.......

the sunburst is my version of a Voodoo Strat but I promised myself I wouldn't start on the black until I'm done with the Monterey project..........

.....so get crackin'................
Jai

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sinnerboy61 wrote:
Jai wrote:
Structo wrote:
About a month ago I planted some sugar peas in my garden and they are starting to come up.
Some didn't emerge.
Should I re-plant where the vacant ones are or should I just by some frozen peas and forget the garden?

This is what happens when you try to corral us sinnerboy...hehe..good one structo... Smile

yeah. that was a...good one...
while what I was trying to do by keeping you all "corraled" was to just prevent a pissing match that I've seen before and have grown sick of..I also just wanted a simple opinion and a reason why..I wasn't being rude by asking to keep it focused. I'm also not trying to be rude now..but when someone asks for help, being a nusance doesn't really help, and being a funny nusance can be tolerated but being a nusance just to rub someone the wrong way - when they're asking for help - hasn't ever been my thing. So please forgive me if I don't take it the right way.
I really don't know why I made this post to begin with, as I figured it could turn into something similar to this, but I really thought with you guys it'd be a little different.. Rolling Eyes

I do appreciate those that have voiced their opinions (on the guitar..)

of course. i have no problem with that, i'm with ya... Wink

so which way are you leaning? i've said it before but i'll say it again, go with that Monterey guitar, you'll be happy ya did i think...plus it'll bring you and your girl closer together, working on something you're into together. Wink
sinnerboy61

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Jai. All my friends are saying Monterey, and that's really what I liked first, so I believe that'll be it. I also like the idea of it being a strat she might not mind seeing so often Wink
Jai

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sinnerboy61 wrote:
I also like the idea of it being a strat she might not mind seeing so often Wink

Absolutely. Excellent point. Smile
Houndog

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would only add that, it's awesome doing things like carving your girls name into the back of your guitar, or having it painted by her, but what happens when you break up? You now have a guitar that makes you feel miserable everytime you look at it, because it reminds you of her! Something to consider. Cool
huffingnitro

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Houndog wrote:
I would only add that, it's awesome doing things like carving your girls name into the back of your guitar, or having it painted by her, but what happens when you break up? You now have a guitar that makes you feel miserable everytime you look at it, because it reminds you of her! Something to consider. Cool

LOL, how true, just ask Johnny Depp; he had a tattoo that read, WINONA FOREVER but after the break up, it now reads, WINO FOREVER Laughing
Houndog

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made the mistake once of carving an active girlfriends' name on the back of a guitar, only to break up two days later! Can you see it now? I only carve the guitars name on them now! Laughing

It used to be right below the trem block!
sinnerboy61

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Houndog wrote:

Well..I did put her middle name in my Sonic Blue...

But, if things go south after she does this guitar...

I really think the answer is quite obvious
Wink
Houndog

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing
soulfixinman

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a friend who had his little hottie girlfriend put her red lip imprint on his guitar and then he clear coated over. It looked kinda punk, but at least it was easy to get off. Twisted Evil

Keep the blues alive
Luther Allison was one of the great bluesman
August 17, 1939 August 12, 1997
sinnerboy61

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soulfixinman wrote:
I have a friend who had his little hottie girlfriend put her red lip imprint on his guitar and then he clear coated over. It looked kinda punk, but at least it was easy to get off. Twisted Evil

Wink
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Guitar Finishing and Restoration All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: